By far, blogging is one of the most powerful tool in the World Wide Web. Perhaps, it is what makes up most of the World Wide Web. The power of blogging is endless and so is what it can cause readers, visitors and website owners. Everyday, it becomes even more powerful – can you handle it?
Blogging can do so much for a simple person. It can make your name and also destroy your name. If not used properly it can destroy many lives – through words, sharp words that some website/blog owners use. On the other hand, the power of blogging can also be used for a good thing which is particularly to earn money.
But how do you earn money through blogging?
You cannot earn money right away as soon as you’ve built your blog. It takes time. It takes hard work. It takes a thousands of visitors, and a lot of posts to get noticed. However you can always find tips that can help you. If blogging is the most powerful tool in the World Wide Web, why not start making good use of it? Here are some that had helped me with my other blogs, they’re very effective – use the power of blogging now!
1. Create a blog with a clean theme, formal and presentable
Personal themes are great but it’s best you choose themes made by the expert. For WordPress blogs, themes from WordPress’ website are great. And if you blog somewhere else just ALWAYS MAKE IT A POINT TO CHOOSE A PROFESSIONAL THEME. You can also choose personal themes or themes you made but make sure there aren’t codes/snippets that affect your website in a bad way.
- When you have a theme, make it a point that it doesn’t have too much scripts for these eat up time load.
- When you choose a theme, do not choose one with too bright colors – visitors prefer to feel homey in websites.
- When you choose a theme, it’s better that it is XML/CSS valid, because that means they’re clean indeed!
2. Choose the right web host
There are free web hosting websites, free blogging platforms but make sure that whichever you choose will be reliable. Down times for a website or blog are very bad for your performance, if you have a poor web host your visitors will lack interest of going to your website or blog since they know your website is always out of the scene.
3. Choose the right content
Don’t just blog because you want to. If you really want to earn money – work hard for it. Blogging with a single topic or theme is better – because that means your blog or website focuses on one thing. This won’t confuse your readers. Also, when choosing the content for your website make sure it interests readers in a way they’ll find it helpful and useful.
- Do not put music in your website, if you will it is suggested you don’t make use of “auto-play”. Websites and blogs with music are pretty annoying (not to mention the song plays over and over again every refresh/reload)
- Do not just copy and paste – remember to credit – every time you make use of others’ posts/articles or pictures it is always a MUST to give credit to the person you got it form that way you show respect to other website owners
4. Visit other websites and blogs, especially those who visit your website
To maximize traffic, one of the best ways is by “blog hopping” because through this bloggers gain friends and visitors. You can simply say “Dropped by” or simply say “Hi!” in their tag boards (they’re usually somewhere in the website). There are some services like Entrecard and Adgitize that also make you do the same thing easily through dropping cards (for Entrecard) and through visiting websites with the Adgitize button.
5. Spread the Link
Social networks are not just for you to get in touch with other people – today, they’re also useful to get targeted by search engines easily. You can simply copy the URL of your website and posts from the browsers’ address bar and past it in Facebook, Friendster, Plurk and many more social networking websites. In result, more people will be able to check out your website and also find it.
These is just half of them. Now you know blogging is the most powerful tool in the World Wide Web – so it would be great if you find out its use. Watch out for more these coming days, we will share them to you with all our heart.