Got this tweet from ShoutmeLoud that apparently, Crazydomains is giving away free .asia domains for a limited time. Well, it was indeed true.
I had to research too first, apparently, not everyone gets it easily from this LowendTalk Forum Discussion. I even thought the promo was already over. Also, there were some talks that they’re sending in emails saying the domain is registered already but actually not. They seem to base their registrations through addresses and geolocation of IPs used for registration.
On my part though, I got it instantly (I guess I’m lucky I’m from Asia?). I didn’t get an email regarding its activation though. I just checked my account and voila! It’s there, “registered”. Hopefully it won’t disappear like with the others? :-S
You have to pay for DNS service though which is $5.00 to 6.00/year or use a free DNS service. That’s what I’m trying to do now to see if my domain will truly work, although I checked in who.is and it’s stated the domain is now under my name.
To register for yours:
Simply go to Crazydomains’ website and search your desired domain name, click on the drop down for domain extension and choose .asia, add to cart and skip other stuff until payment (unless you opt to pay for the services)
A .asia domain is pretty good for those who wants an experiment domain or if their target audiences are from ASIA. For me, I want one as a replacement for its .com because I plan not to renew it. If things work out I’ll renew this one instead
There are obvious symptoms when you are a domainaholic and so I’m sharing this today just to make you aware if you’re wondering. What really are the clues if you are indeed a domainaholic?
- You have a list of ideas for domains – Every now and then you get ideas for websites and domains you wish pursue for different reasons. You never run out of to-buy-lists for your ideas.
- You know domain promos here and there – You know where to buy the cheapest, where to get the latest promos some are even received straight to your email!
- You can think of a domain name anytime at anywhere – when you find out any domain promo you can think of a domain name to buy instantly – no buts, you just buy it anyway even if you just came up with it.
- You’re familiar with every domain registrar – Godaddy, Yahoo! Domains, Register.com, Namecheap and many more. You follow them via all social networks to get updated with their latest promos.
- You’ve got a visa card - Because promos are mostly payable through this payment gateway.
- You simply know reasons to love domains, even if you don’t use them much
Can you tell if you’re one?
Claim your piece of the Web before someone else does. Get your domain from
#GoDaddy.com for $2.47* Details: x.co/jhFa
Godaddy’s official twitter account just tweeted this and so I checked. Well indeed, meh. But it’s a bit confusing because they tweeted $2.47 and when I got to page it says $2.49. I just said $2.95, assuming that has ICAN Fee added.
Godaddy code: MAPLELEAF
This will probably be limited to a number of orders. So grab it while you can! There might be another one next time though, Godaddy needs a lot of catching up with the number of customers they’ve lost ever since SOPA issues have arisen.
Today, despite that I have been already rehabilitated with my domain addiction I was so tempted to buy a .in domain because of Namecheap‘s promo.
.IN only for $2.48!
So, if you guys are looking for domain promo codes, having a .in domain won’t be that bad – for a change!
Better check namecheap.com right now!
I missed the CyberMonday Deal but I won’t miss this time’s deal from Namecheap! They rarely give out $1.99 deals so you better grab it guys!
How to get your Namecheap $1.99 deal:
(Required Facebook Account)
1. Search for “Namecheap” in Facebook.
2. Click on “Current Deals” after you get access once you’ve liked their page.
3. Click on Order Now
4. Get your coupon code!
Hooray! Thanks Namecheap, you deserve those 10,000 likes!